Signage is a important part of business organization.
And below are the common matrial used on signage.
1. Wood materials
The use of wood has a long history. In ancient time, due to the limitation of productivity and production tools, wood was the first choice of designers at that time.
Today, due to the influence of historical and natural factors, wood materials are widely used in gardens, zoos, parks and other tourism spots.
It gives people the feeling of natural kindness and traditional return.
The disadvantage is that the handmade cost is high.
Stone has a long history as the use of wood, but the difference is that it is not easy to be damaged by natural conditions and has a long service life; the biggest disadvantage is that the material itself is too heavy, which is not conducive to processing, and there are many structural issues to be considered.
Metal are widely used in modern signage, including aluminum alloy, stainless steel plate, cold plate, titanium plate, copper plate, etc.
Here we focus on several common metal plates:
Aluminum alloy: in modern identification system, aluminum alloy identification generally refers to the identification with aluminum alloy as material and modular design structure, which is convenient for unification and standardization. Its advantages are good texture, slow oxidation, light weight, fashionable and clean appearance, light installation, reasonable structural design to make replacement easier, high plate thickness, good flatness, strong color adhesion, firm and durable, not easy to decolorize, low cost. At present, domestic distributors of marking materials use aluminum alloy processing products, most of which are used for plane marking. Because of its convenient use and maintenance, it is very popular in the market. Among the domestic logo companies, Shenzhen Louis Geddon logo Materials Co., Ltd. makes the most of aluminum alloy materials used in the logo industry and becomes the standard of the domestic logo material industry.
Stainless steel plate: there are two kinds of common light and matte. Its own texture is good, oxidation is slow, often in use to let it show its true color, giving people the psychological feeling of fashion, connotation, elegance and nobility. The disadvantage is also the high cost of materials, and the color is gray, single, especially in rainy days. It is usually used for building identification, corporate image identification, etc. it can also be used with other materials, and will have a good effect.
Cold rolled steel plate: it is characterized by strong plasticity, easy bending, cutting, welding, grinding, convenient processing, strong coloring adhesion, and can be used to make various shapes. The disadvantage is fast oxidation and easy to rust, so the surface texture treatment is very important. Cold plate is widely used because of its low material cost. But in the surface of the paint must be strictly grasp, can not be replaced by spray painting or paint baking procedure is not enough, inferior.
4. Synthetic materials
The common ones are acrylic board, fiberglass, aluminum plastic board, PVC board, sunshine board, dragon board, etc. It is characterized by novel personality, strong sense of fashion, simple construction structure and low material cost. Because there are many kinds of synthetic materials and their properties are different, it is necessary to know their characteristics in detail when selecting them, and select materials reasonably and scientifically according to the above principles. It mainly introduces the following:
(1) PVC: (PVC) chemical and physical properties. Rigid PVC is one of the most widely used plastic materials. PVC is an amorphous material. Stabilizer, lubricant, auxiliary processing agent, pigment, anti impact agent and other additives are often added to PVC materials in actual use. PVC material has non flammability, high strength, weather resistance and excellent geometric stability. PVC has strong resistance to oxidant, reductant and strong acid. However, it can be corroded by concentrated oxidizing acid, such as concentrated sulfuric acid and concentrated nitric acid, and it is not suitable for contacting with aromatic hydrocarbon and chlorinated hydrocarbon. The melting temperature of PVC is a very important process parameter during processing. If this parameter is not appropriate, it will lead to material decomposition.
(2) acrylic: English is acrylic, which is a chemical material. The chemical name is PMMA, which belongs to acrylic alcohol. It is commonly known as high-grade plexiglass with special treatment. It has high transparency and light transmittance of 92%. It has the reputation of "plastic crystal". It has excellent weather resistance, especially for outdoor application, ranking the top of other plastics, and has good surface hardness and luster, processing plasticity, and can be made into various shapes and products.
(3) organic film: thin and plastic.
(4) ABS engineering plastics are generally opaque, light toothlike in appearance, nontoxic and tasteless, with the characteristics of toughness, hardness and rigidity. The combustion is slow, the flame is yellow, and there is black smoke. After combustion, the plastics soften and burn, giving out a special smell of cinnamon, but without melting and dropping.
(5) flon board: it is a new type of chemical board. It is made of high-pressure polyethylene EVA as the main raw material, with various additives added, and formed by chemical bridge foaming, abbreviated as EVA board, single-sided or double-sided composite PVC board, later called flon board, with smooth and flat surface and certain hardness. The features of the flon board are as follows: no water absorption, no decomposition, no rain and humidity influence, no rot, anti-aging, anti ultraviolet radiation, oil, acid, alkali and other chemical components corrosion resistance, sound insulation, sound absorption, heat insulation and other properties, light texture, easy storage, transportation, construction, cutting, carving.
In the main use of advertising industry, computer engraving, screen printing, advertising signs, display boards, sign boards and other engraving flon boards are mainly used to cut characters and signs, reflecting the three-dimensional effect. The specification is 1200 × 2400mm, the thickness is 10 mm to 50 mm, and the amount of black and white color boards is large. After cutting words or patterns, spray color paint, the effect is good, and save time. The price is only one third of the traditional PVC board.